Sophia's Peace Work

Saturday, May 15, 2004

The New, Diminuative Exercise Bike of the Missionary Sisters of Charity Orphanage



After the Orphanage gave me a wheelchair for Ahmed, a young man I have been working with who has MS, they asked me to look for a small, child-sized exercise bike for the kids. They get little exercise at the Orphanage and they don't have much room for regular kid's bikes to move around in. Alaa and I had been looking for such a bike for a few weeks when we came across one for sale at a shop on Karada Outside. We dickered with the owner of the store and purchased it for $65. Then we threw it into the back of a taxi and dashed off to the Orphanage to deliver it. I hope it works for them. The children have pretty severe disabilities and it will take them time to get strong enough and used to the motion of the pedals. I'll check with them in a few weeks to see how things are going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home