Sophia's Peace Work

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Two Steps forward and One Step Back

I may have found the boats I need AND I've set up a pre-survey for the upper section of the river for Friday morning.

But I also had a rather useless meeting with the Environmental NGO's ... useless because many did not show ... and the rest came late ... and there is this crazy (but essentially harmless) guy named Ma'an who, whenever he sees me, pounces on me and talks me to death without really saying anything at all. I did invite three representatives from three of the groups on the pre-survey tour for Friday. It will be a chance for us to get to know one another and for me to see which of them really knows and/or cares anything about the river.

And then I thought I'd share something a friend sent ...

They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years, and hell, we're not using it anymore. ---David Letterman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home