Sophia's Peace Work

Monday, June 28, 2004

Sovereignty Strikes

Well the news came out today that Iraq gets it's sovereignty early. Haven't seen much (or any) street celebration as yet. My translator, Mazin, called me up to tell me, "Be careful. Stay off the streets." He's doing the same since two days ago he got a call accussing him of being a Baathist and threatening his life (he's hoping that it's just a hoax but he and his family are lying low for a few days). I should have expected this to happen ... right when I have so much work to do to get ready for this trip, I can't do a bloody thing but sit around and wait!

So I'll share a few pictures instead ...


Green Zone Dump seen from Abu Nuwas Street


Sophia and friends at a farewell party for Dahr Jamail, a freelance journalist from Alaska


Sophia, David and Dahr at Dahr's farewell party


Dahr does a farewell interview

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home