Sophia's Peace Work

Sunday, October 08, 2006

A few pictures from more relaxing times ...

I've had the opportunity recently to travel to Italy with some Iraqis for a training and also to see some of the beautiful sites in Jordan. Although I enjoyed these breaks in my work, I really have to thank my lucky stars that I am priviledged to be allowed them at all, when so many are living in such dire circumstances. I recently received an email about friends who are desparate for help to get out of Iraq. What can I do to help them? I was recently reading a report on the situation in Iraq ... the continued fighting in Ramadi, multinational Force snipers on the roof of the hospital in Fallujah and the security forces recruiting in the hospital gardens, turning the whole place into a target. The report, assembled in Amman, ended with the following:


"It's sometimes very depressing to work on Remote. We often feel useless. But it seems that some others do not have such moral dilemmas. The life in Amman is so quiet, why worry? Nevertheless, how come nobody reacts to such a reality [as revealed in the reports from Iraq]? Who is really thinking of Iraqis?"

So I look at these pictures and can not get these words out of my head.


A Trip to Venice

Sophia by the Dead Sea

Sophia below the Wadi Mujib Falls


Wadi Mujib in Jordan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home