Sophia's Peace Work

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Floating Baghdad .... 27 September

We are about to float a short section of the river in Baghdad ... but last night we were told by one of the many conflicting security organizations here that they wouldn't allow us to do it.  Our organization's founder was talking about doing it anyway and getting arrested because the group refusing us has no official right to do so (as we have all the official permissions in order).  Anyway, who knows what will happen but if our leader is going for it, so will I (getting arrested in Iraq was always on my bucket list ... though I could live to regret saying that).  I really don't think anything bad will happen and when it comes right down to it, we might chicken out but I thought I should at least take this precaution of informing friends and family of the basic plan.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home